Society for Health Education (SHE) is seeking an enthusiastic candidate for the following Post.
Resource Mobilization Officer
Expected Qualification: Degree in Social Science and related field
Duration: 6 Months (Starting from 1st Feb 2013)
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualification and experience.
Terms of Reference
Personality: Adaptability to changing work conditions and assignments. Focused and target oriented. Able to work as part of a team
Personal Situation: Able to work extended hours and travel on occasions when required.
Specific job skills:
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activity.
- Produce various business correspondence documents.
- Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office (Word and Excel), dhivehi typing, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand basic financial statement and work plans.
Purpose & responsibility
The role of the resource mobilization officer includes developing financial resource mobilization strategy and to coordinate and liaise with donor agencies including government and international organizations for resource mobilization activities, to develop and negotiate competitive proposals and ensuring grant compliance and reporting, organization of fund raising campaigns and events and to plan, execute and finalize project activities according to deadlines and within budget.
The resource mobilization officer will play a key role in the Program Team. The team is responsible for all operational aspects of the project activities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Develop a resource mobilization strategy in consultation with the programs director
- Identify funding opportunities and prepare proposals, concept notes and necessary program documents
- Work with all Sections and partner consortia to prepare for project proposals from their respective sections, evaluate the proposals, and provide technical assistance for development of proposals.
- Keep fruitful relationship and liaison with representatives of bilateral and multilateral agencies through informal networking briefings and formal interactions such as participating in the relevant donor thematic group meetings/consultative groups and advisory groups
- Identify possible donors and create a database
- Identify different funding agencies / corporations to get donations from
- Networking and partnership developments for resource mobilization
- Coordinate efforts to ensure the timely delivery of qualitative donor reporting
- Develop proposals
- Manage fund raising programs and events
- Coordinate with participants and agencies
- Undertake other applicable tasks assigned by the CEO
key responsibilities and accountabilities FOR VOLUNTEERS PROGRAM
- Develop a work plan/action for the volunteer program
- Compile the documents related and share with the management for inputs/comments
- Communicate with Villa High School focal point on progress and etc
- Keep track of all volunteers (Project)
- Coordinate the activities as per the work plan and ensure timely reporting
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV, copies of relevant educational certificates, ID card copy and covering letter addressed to:
Society for Health Education
M.Kulunuvehi, 1st floor, Buruzu Magu
Deadline for submission: 23rd January 2013 before 14:30
For clarification of further information contact: 3316231 Ext 110