Society for Health Education (SHE) is a nation-wide non-profit, non-government organization well accepted by the country for its work in the field of health and social well-being of all the communities within the country. After 24 years, the organization has become one of the largest, most vibrant NGOs in the Maldives which not only addresses issues concerning women, but the issues of Thalassaemia, HIV/AIDS, Psychosocial Counseling, and Reproductive Health Services.
The Society for Health Education is seeking a dynamic and experienced (Maldivian) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization into the next significant growth stage of the organization. The CEO will require exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, a proven track record of leadership capability and solid NGO and development sector experience and knowledge.
The CEO will in consultation with the Executive Board be responsible for the overall vision, direction and organizational management of the NGO, including day to day managerial issues and assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission.
The CEO will need to be a charismatic and practical leader, committed to directing and driving the daily operations of the organization, fundraising requirements and financial transparency of the organization and deliver quality service to SHE stakeholders with a long term strategic focus.
Chief Executive Officer will be appointed on a three year term renewable on satisfactory performance. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive package depending on the Qualification and Experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
Applicants should possess at least a Bachelors degree in a relevant field from a recognized university. They should also possess the following:
- At least five years distinguished administrative experience in a public or private institution;
- Knowledge of national policies and strategies governing the provision of health related services, resource mobilization and social protection;
- Ability and leadership skills to effectively manage the organization, organize resource mobilization, fund raising activities and executive financial management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the use of modern communication technologies and advanced computer literacy;
- Capacity and capability to develop procedures, policies and reports required from time to time to manage and run the organization.
- Ability to nurture partnerships and collaborative alliances with relevant stakeholders;
- Highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
Selection will be done based on the Qualification and an Interview:
The areas that are covered in the interview are:
Experience in relevant areas / fields
Executive managerial and financial experience
Communication and interpersonal skills
Leadership skills / qualities
Salary: MRF 22,000/ to 25,000/- depending on qualification and experience
(Salary for this position is sponsored by International Planned Parenthood Federation)
Interested candidates should submit application (with CV, copies of relevant educational certificates and ID card copy) before 14:30 pm of 31st October 2012 addressed to
Society for Health Education (1st Floor)
M.Kulunuvehi, Buruzu Magu
Fax: ( 960) 332 22 21